KISS InstaWave | An ‘Automatic Curler’ Tutorial
I’m such an infomercial junkie. The allure is that the products always seem so easy to use and amazingly helpful during the on-screen demonstration, but are hit or miss in person. The KISS InstaWave fell into a similar category for me; a product that seemed too good to be true (but that I couldn’t wait to try for myself). Here is a tutorial and review on the KISS InstaWave Fully Automatic Tangle-Free Curler and how it pleasantly surprised me and fully delivered on its curl quality.
The KISS InstaWave is marketed as, “a fully automatic tangle-free curler that instantly creates beautiful, long-lasting curls with ease (No Need to be a Pro). No longer do we need a professional to style our hair to perfection. Instantly create beautiful, long-lasting curls with just the touch of a button with the KISS InstaWave, a fully automatic tangle-free curler.” I was skeptical to say the least, but the curler really did deliver beautiful curls. By the end of the day my curls were just as bouncy and frizz-free as when I originally styled them.
How to use KISS InstaWave
- Spray clean hair with heat protectant spray and brush well.
- Section hair into thirds, horizontally. Start with the lower third and work in very small, detangled sections. ** I found that hair would fall out and curls would be sloppy if I tried to curl too much hair at once. Small sections are the trick to beautiful curls **
- Hold InstaWave vertically. Place section of hair on the curling rod– there is a circle of “spikes” but one flat thumb “spike” closer to the barrel, make sure your hair is between that flat “spike” and the barrel so the circle of “spikes” can catch it.
- Touch the curl dial either left or right, and the InstaWave will automatically catch and curl the hair. Place your hair coming from the outside if you want to curl towards your face, and place your hair coming from the inside if you want to curl away from your face. I know this sounds obscure but you’ll understand what I mean when your hair is in the curling rod and you turn the dial both directions.
- Hold the dial for 5-10 seconds, hold longer for tighter curls and less for beachy waves.
- After holding the dial for your desired time, let your hair rest in the barrel for 5 more seconds to “set”. Pull the InstaWave down vertically, letting hair out.
- I recommend always curling your face framing pieces *away* from your face, and then alternating away and towards for the rest of your head, for natural looking curls.
Where to find KISS InstaWave
These curls look amazing and it looks so easy! I must say that I struggle to curl my hair.
Really looks like an interesting product!
Ooohh. That looks tempting lol I like curling my hair too, but I usually just use my hair straightener for faster curls or if I have time, I would use my curling wand, but this one looks easy to use an fast.
You curls look so soft and pretty! Thanks for the recommendation of the curler!