The Elvis | Fried Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey & Bacon Sandwich
Today marks what would have been Elvis Presley’s 80th birthday. In homage to “The King of Rock & Roll,” here’s a recipe for his favorite deliciously indulgent fried peanut butter, banana, honey, and bacon sandwich. Although there have been many variations over the years, most can agree that a classic Elvis includes generous amounts of butter, banana slices, and peanut butter sandwiched between two slices of white bread… then pan-fried. The additions of bacon and honey may have been later developments, but they make this sandwich all the more satisfying.
Fun Fact: It is said that Elvis would eat 15 sandwiches in a sitting! (This recipe only yields 4 sandwiches)
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 8 slices thick cut white bread
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large, ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 slices bacon, sautéed until crispy
- On one side of half the bread slices, spread peanut butter generously.
- Place banana slices on top of peanut butter. Drizzle honey over bananas.
- Place 3 bacon slices on top of the honey-bananas, then place remaining bread slices on top.
- Place butter in the skillet and let melt. Lay the sandwiches down in the butter, allowing the bread to soak it up a bit, and flip once they become golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes. To do as the King would do, add more butter to the skillet once you flip your first side.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.
*This sandwich has the ability to be a diet ruiner, eat with caution and in sweatpants!
Happy Birthday, Elvis.
Elvis was SUCH A BABE. I totally get all the screaming and bra-throwing.
I like to pretend that fat, pill-popping Elvis didn’t exist… haha
Thanks for stopping by my blog and liking my Bacon and Mushroom Stack recipe. 🙂 This sandwich looks like absolutely delicious and I’m totally going to try it one of these days!
Awesome… I made one a version of these many years ago in a late night stupor. I remember it to be fantastic, so definitely want to try when I’m thinking clearly. Thanks for the reminder.
i am starving and saw this post, gonna create this elvis sandwich right now!
This sandwhich sounds heavenly! Cant wait to try it!
Oh my god this sandwich looks amazing! I am definitely trying this!
I like the same sandwich but instead of bacon I add cheese. Thank you for the recipe.
That sandwich sounds so good, I definitely need to try that xx
Elvis Fried Peanut Butter Banana Honey Bacon Sandwich, YUM
I am suddenly very hungry!
BTW I´ve just nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award because I think your blog is just lovely, absolutely Lovely!
Your nomination here:
Reblogged this on WAKEN COLLECTIVE and commented:
Seeing my blog first and foremost is about things that make life better, I felt this needed to be shared. I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this strange yet amazing combination before… Comfort food at it’s finest.
Yummy! I made a vegan version of this – it was still great.
OMG! That sounds like biting into heaven! Yum!
Thank you for posting this. Must try!!
Sounds to die for. Food not good for you but good TO YOU. I’m buying bananas and bacon tomorrow!
Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
Oh my goodness, this looks insane! Part of me thinks “I want to try this! These are all things that I like, why wouldn’t they taste good together?” … and then the other part of me thinks “this is death!!”