Live Love Layer
They say that Spring is the season for “light layers,” don’t they? Lately I’ve been all layered up thanks to my latest Rocksbox set, featuring jewelry from House of Harlow 1960, Jenny Bird, and the masters of all things layered– Gorjana.
I’ve always been a fan of stacking bracelets and rings but slightly apprehensive when it comes to layering necklaces. The line between effortless and overdone is thin, and until recently I considered it to be a trend best left for those with waifish figures (in an attempt to avoid vulgarity). The possibility to elevate a simple tee, tank, or button up is too great to pass up. If you, too, face some hesitancy regarding the Laws of Layering then here are some tips to get you started:
- Every layer should vary in length
- Begin with a light and delicate necklace to rest along the collarbone
- Include slightly geometric necklaces to carry the line of vision downward, towards the rest of your layers
- Stick to similar metals and finishes, with varying weights
- Plan for your longest necklace to hold the most weight
Use my special Rocksbox code for specials and discounts on the monthly jewelry subscription service!
→ ELLEKAEXOXO ←
How do you like to layer jewelry?
(Some of these items have been sent to me for review, however, all opinions and words are my own)0